On January 16th, 2009 The Mindfulness and Psychotherapy Blog was birthed and I want to express my gratitude to John Grohol and all the readers who have been a part of this whether you just read a post and took something from it or whether you have been active in commenting or even retweeting.
Looking back on this year, my intention was for this blog to be an avenue for all of us to interact around mindfulness as it touches the many facets of life. I tried to create posts that were practical and accessible and that we could actually read and apply in our daily lives.
On Mondays I started “Mondays Mindful Quote” where I posted a quote from leaders such as Thich Nhat Hanh, Pema Chodron, Mother Teresa, Hafiz, Rumi, the Dalai Lama, and many more. During the second half of the year I began to bring you interviews with leaders in the field such as Jack Kornfield, Jeff Brantley, Sharon Salzberg, Zindel Segal, Sylvia Boorstein, Tara Brach, Fred Luskin and more.
In 2010, stay connected and look for much more! For now, here is a collection of the Top 10 Posts for 2009:
- Mindfulness and Psychotherapy: An Interview with Jack Kornfield
- 3 Steps to Breaking Free from Procrastination
- The Science of Mindfulness: An Interview with Shauna Shapiro, Ph.D.
- Exploring the Upside of Depression
- Refusing to Forgive: 9 Steps to Break Free
- Neuroplasticity, Gratitude, and Your Mental Health: Food for Thought
- 5 Keys to Emotional Freedom: An Interview with Tara Brach
- Mindfulness, Mood, and Your Mental Health
Here are a few extras from the year, enjoy!
Thank you again for following The Mindfulness and Psychotherapy blog. As always, please share your thoughts, stories, and questions below. Your interaction creates a living wisdom for us all to benefit from.
May your 2010 be infused with healthy, safety, and a sense of peace.