A while back I wrote the post 10 Quotes for a Mindful Day and followed up with 10 (More) Quotes for a Mindful Day. Since then I began an increasingly popular tradition called Mondays Mindful Quote where every Monday I post a quote that I think has some relevance to Mindfulness and Psychotherapy and then explore the quote.
Here is a new list I’m calling 10 Quotes for a Mindful Day Part III. I will write future posts that explore some of these quotes and how they are relevant to our daily lives. If you already have ideas on how they are relevant to you, please share your thoughts below (you can even do so anonymously if you like) as we can all learn from this living wisdom. Enjoy!
- “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.”
~ Thich Nhat Hanh
- “The most fundamental aggression to ourselves, the most fundamental harm we can do to ourselves, is to remain ignorant by not having the courage and the respect to look at ourselves honestly and gently.”
~ Pema Chödrön
- “Few of us ever live in the present. We are forever anticipating what is to come or remembering what has gone.”
~ Louis L’Amour
- “There is only one world, the world pressing against you at this minute. There is only one minute in which you are alive, this minute here and now. The only way to live is by accepting each minute as an unrepeatable miracle.”
~ Storm Jameson
- “When we put down ideas of what life should be like, we are free to wholeheartedly say yes to our life as it is.”
~ Tara Brach
- “We have to face the pain we have been running from. In fact, we need to learn to rest in it and let its searing power transform us.”
~Charlotte Joko Beck
- “Life is this simple. We are living in a world that is absolutely transparent and the divine is shining through it all the time. This is not just a nice story or a fable. This is true.”
- “There is sitting meditation. There is walking meditation. Why not listening and speaking meditation? Isn’t it sensible that one could practice mindfulness in relationship and so get better at it?”
- “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
What are some quotes that move you?
Please share your thoughts, stories, quotes, and questions below. Your interaction provides a living wisdom for us all to benefit from.